Leaking Fuel Senders.. Again

Hi Gang hope everyone is having a nice holiday. I just wanted to ask
for an opinion from the collective wisdom of the Dawgs.. I had my
fuel sender replaced about 2 weeks ago. I'm still smelling gas in my
garage. Now before I had it replaced I was also smelling gas but
never got the dreaded BIG puddle under the bike. I still don't have
any puddles and the smell isn't near as strong as before. Also when
my dealer did the sender he said it was only seeping a bit no big
leaks. My question to you all is: Is there any way to check to see if
the new one is again leaking without pulling the tank?? I'm thinking
that I maybe smelling residual gas from the replacement job.. I
wasn't able to give the bike a good washing after the sender was
replaced due to VERY cold weather so I'm thinking it may just be gas
that's sort of just "there" any and all opinions appreciated.

Best

Erik