New RS

Hi
I'm a newly subscribed member of the list living in the UK.
I am at present riding a Yamaha Thundercat but am seriously considering
upgrading. I had thought about either an VFR800 or an ST but since I don't
do that much touring I was drawn to the Sprint RS. All the write ups I have
seen have been really positive with only a few negative comments.
I test rode one the other day and thought it was great all except the clutch
which seemed really heavy in comparison with the Cat's and the gear change
was also pretty clunky at low speeds.
I've been in touch with several dealers here trying to get the best deal and
have asked for prices which include a hugger, heated grips, a front mudguard
extension and a carbon exhaust all of which seem to me to be very worthwhile
additions. They have also suggested a clutch lever span reduction kit to
help with the heavy clutch. Prices are going to be quite a bit higher for
the 2001 model here in the UK so I am aiming for a 2000 model which the
dealers are trying to move out of the show rooms.
Anyone got any comments on the choice of bike or any practical things to
consider before parting with my cash?

 Roger

end