Re: Selling price for new 2000 RS

I knew this was gonna happen. :-)  Well, the main problem is the reach
to the bars.  Plus I can barely touch the ground on the thing.  I can
cut the seat down, which I would do if keeping the bike, but that will
add to my problem with the bars.  Even risers haven't succeeded with getting
the lock out of my elbows.   I must be really short in the upper body.
I have a neck injury from the result of being rear ended (in cars) three times
and the bike simply hurts to ride.  And being so stretched out I can't
turn my head easily to see to the side (ignoring the horrible mirrors).
I test rode the bike in a light leather jacket and jeans which made me
a whole lot more flexible than I am in my full leathers or my Aerostitch.
It wasn't until I got more fully geared up that I realized just how
uncomfortable I am.   And yes, I do all the strength things to make my
neck stronger (yoga, weights, deep tissue massage twice a month for the
past 10 years).  It's becoming more of a psychological issue as well.  If
I don't feel comfortable on the bike, it makes me feel at more of a risk,
and I don't want that.

What would I get?  Well, I've decided I want two things in a new bike if
I get one:  a standard (upright) seating position and the ability to get
hard bags.  Since I do mostly city riding with weekend jaunts now and then,
I've got my eye on the BMW F650GS, but I'm also looking at some of the other
new sporting standards out there.  I've had a Ducati Monster (M900) once
so I don't think I'll be getting one of those.

Kathy