Suits

Bill Flowers wrote:
>I want the perfect suit.  Something that will protect me from the road >if
>needed (heaven forbid!).  Something that will keep me dry through 3 >hours
>of torrential downpours.  And something that won't put me in the >hospital
>with heat stroke in the middle of a Florida summer!

Bill -  The better half bought me a new Triumph Sympatex Frontiers 2-pc suit
for Christmas.  I'm very impressed.  I tried it out Christmas Day (25
degrees F, 20 mph winds) without my electric gear just for fun.  I only rode
for about an hour but I was completely warm except for my feet.  Very nice
overall quality, CE armor and the fit is perfect. Plus it looks cool! It
even has adjustable sleeves which helps the view in the mirrors (which seems
to be an issue for some RS riders). FWIW, Rider magazine chose this suit as
a "best buy" in a comparison in the 2/00 issue (which also has a nice
write-up of the RS) and it's way cheaper than an Aerostich.  But even though
the full length liner zips out, I'm sure it won't do for a Florida summer
(or a Virginia one). I also have a Roadgear cordura jacket (that _used_ to
be my winter jacket!) that is way too hot for summer.  Most of the people I
ride with go the Aerostich (or similar) route in cool/wet weather and perf
leather in the summer. For summer, I had a Teknic perf jacket (from
newenough.com) until I bought the RS and then I got the Triumph Retro perf
jacket to which I added better armor and a back pad.  I use it with a pair
of Hein Gericke leather pants.  I have not yet found one suit that is ideal
year-round.  HTH

Randy

2K RS