re: newbies question

>  From: Danny Mitchell <opdmil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 12/29/2000 08:02:
>  Hi all,
>
>  I am new to the list and have a few questions. I bought a new ST (black)
>  in September and am loving it, but as usual I am getting itchy fingers
>  and am thinking of changing a few things,

	Great choice! You'll love the ST more and more...

>  Firstly, has anyone fitted a 190 rear tire and if so what type and what
>  was the result (handling, clearance ect:)?

	Haven't heard of this being done, but I did see a post that said Dunlop
recommends a 190 section rear if you go with D207's. Several of us have
switched to D207 front/D205 rear in the stock sizes and been very happy with
them. There's a good tire review section on the triumphnet website, and an MCN
tire test done on the Sprint ST. The URL fo rit should be in the archives for
this year. If you can't find it I'm sure I can dig it up.

>  Secondly, what type of sports pipes are people using and was there much
>  performance and sound difference?

	I think everyone's gone pretty strictly Triumph pipes because of the FI
tune issue. I know David Viasco (sp?) has a really cool underseat exhaust from
Pipeline in Australia (your neck of the woods, apparently, but he lives in
Texas) that looks fabulous and sounds even better.

>  Thirdly, what is the common thought on suspension set up (I way about
>  210 and use the bike daily for commuting and weekend runs)?

	A number of us have decided the forks are too soft and done varying
RaceTech setups: 0.95 to 1.00 Kg/mm springs and 5w up to a mix of 7w and 10w
oil. The rear shock seems quite good to most, but Ohlins makes one of their
super duper models for it.

>  Fourthly, what "go fast" engine mods would suit the ST?

	Track school. Seriously, though, with over 100 rear wheel horsepower
most of us can get into plenty trouble already. If you really want to go fast,
though, somebody makes two stages of turbo kits for the ST and I think he has a
third stage planned. Most of us stick to air filters and pipes, though.

Welcome to the party!

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	'01 SV650S  "Cherii"