Re: GAUGE

Matt Knowles wrote:

> I went through my first tank with the new gauge and it went like this:

Thanks for the entertaining run-down, Matt! Are you still running the
stock pipe? It's hard to tell from the mileage you're getting.

> For those of you who have an old working gauge, or who have also received
> the new one, I'm curious if your gauge shows the same curve. Any idea
> whether there is an adjustment that can be made?

Man, it's been so long since I've been able to go through a full tank I
can't remember for sure! Part of the problem is that I usually ride with
a group of people, one of whom has a YZF-600, so we're always stopping
when I'm reading just 1/2 down. IIRC, though, at the half-way point on
the gauge I've put anywhere from 2.5 to 3.5 gallons of gas in the tank.
(This is with the stock gauge on a Y2K bike. The gauge has only flaked
out on me once early on in my ownership.)

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP