groan, whinge ... more battery problems

Having had a new battery fitted last week, I've been riding my bike merrily
all weekend - and on Monday.
It's now Wed. afternoon. Just tried to start her, and the battery is very
dead - not even enough juice to illuminate the dreaded green neutral light.
I've put the bat. on the tender and it's charging nicely.
But my question is, to the technical whizzkids out there on the list, what
else can be wrong?
is it discharging?
is it not being recharged when I ride?
is there an alternator on this bike that isn't working?
and BTW, the new bat. is a YUASA - just to put a squib on all those who
recommended them - but at this stage I have an open mind and am more
inclined to believe that it's an electrical fault and nothing at all to do
with the battery.

Tim