Re: groan, whinge ... more battery problems

Me thinks you need to get the dealer to look at this bike. There is
no doubt in my (small) mind that the battery is not charging
properly, not that the battery is bad. I'd have to blame the
alternator or something else in the charging system.

Erik

>Having had a new battery fitted last week, I've been riding my bike merrily
>all weekend - and on Monday.
>It's now Wed. afternoon. Just tried to start her, and the battery is very
>dead - not even enough juice to illuminate the dreaded green neutral light.
>I've put the bat. on the tender and it's charging nicely.
>But my question is, to the technical whizzkids out there on the list, what
>else can be wrong?
>is it discharging?
>is it not being recharged when I ride?
>is there an alternator on this bike that isn't working?
>and BTW, the new bat. is a YUASA - just to put a squib on all those who
>recommended them - but at this stage I have an open mind and am more
>inclined to believe that it's an electrical fault and nothing at all to do
>with the battery.
>
>Tim

End of st-digest V2000 #33