Oil pressure gauge

I'm patiently waiting for my dealer to let me know when parts for the fuel
gauge fix come in so I can get them fitted.  If this fix is right on the
money then what's the sense of having a warning light and a gauge?  I might
just decide to use the trip meter and fuel warning light to figure out when
to get gas.  I think I will put something else in the fuel gauge hole.  How
about an oil pressure gauge?  Yeah!  I'm a gadgety kinda guy and this would
be right in the ball park.  I even thought of installing an oil temperature
gauge, too but I'm not sure I want to plumb into any oil galleries
(pressured) and even less sure I want to be having to make a hole in the oil
pan to install the sending unit.  I've even considered leaving the fuel
gauge where it is and installing (flush mount) the other gauges on the
fairing.  What do you guys think of all of this nonsense?

Garry
bird@xxxxxxx