New Blue ST

A few weeks back this list was kind enough to answer all my questions about
the Sprint ST.  But, unfortunately you also hexed me!  I couldn't get the ST
out of my brain and I went and bought a blue '00.  Actually, I bought it
last week but I've been to busy riding in my spare time to thank everyone
for helping to push me over the edge and buy one. In fact the only reason I
have time to write now is that I promised my wife I'd take her for a ride
this weekend and I'm at 432 miles so I need to save the last seventy for
her. It looks like part of her ride this weekend will be following me up to
the dealership to drop the bike off and get the accessories installed and
the first maintenance.

The first 100 miles were tough. The trine didn't start to loosen up until
200+ miles (I had a real difficult time hitting 3rd at first-the bike wanted
to stay in 2nd) but it is certainly shifting much better now. My neck was
killing me after a 4 hour ride on Saturday. I hope my body can adapt to this
position or else I'll be looking for taller bars.

My only real question for everyone involves the priming when you turn on the
ignition.  Does the volume of the pump seem to go up (way up-louder than the
idling engine) when the ambient air is cold (say under 40 F).  Also- it
keeps on making that priming sound for a few miles (and no, I don't hit the
start button until the priming sound stops).  Even with a warm engine the
pump is much louder when it is cold outside.  In the afternoons when it is
in the 60s or 70s you can hear it prime but it is not nearly as loud. I'm
not sure if it keeps priming once the engine starts because it isn't loud
enough.  Anyway, that will be one question I'll also ask the dealer on
Saturday.

Thanks to everyone for helping to push me over the edge and buy the ST.
Everyone has been so friendly and helpful I'm going to try to make it to
your ST Rally this year to meet a few of you in person.

Adam