full synth and gearchanging

This may be something well known to all, but just to say that today I had
the oil changed (@4500km/2800m - probably totally unnecessary, but makes me
feel better), opting for full synthetic instead of the blended, part
synthetic put in @1000km. The mechanic said that I'd notice a smoother
gearchange, and so it appears to be; it may just be the placebo effect, but
I'm pretty certain that my still clunky transmission is changing more
smoothly now. FWIW,

Paul

P.S. Somewhat in the 'belt-and-braces' spirit, I also had fitted a Magnom
magnetic oil filter unit (basically being a 3/4" thick sandwich of
magnetised plates that fits between the standard oil filter and the engine
block). I'd phoned Triumph some time ago about it, and they'd asked me to
send them some info on the unit; they very efficiently got back to me within
a couple of days and basically said that they couldn't formally approve it
but, subject to the understandable proviso that they reserved the right to
challenge any oil-related claims (they put it no stronger), the basic
warranty would remain valid with the unit fitted. Again, FWIW.