Rainy day projects

It was time for a new tire and since it's raining today, I thought it was a
good day to take care of that, and find out what happened to my garage
remote.

First, I put a Dunlop 207 on the rear. Geez it takes a lot to remove a bolt
that has been tightened to 108 ft/lbs! Plus I was really envying the people
who don't have the saddlebags. I was hoping to get the wheels polished with
this tire change, but it wasn't in the budget this month, so that will have
to wait for the next set. The front still has some good tread, so if it
doesn't handle too bad, then I'll get a new front later, and hopefully by
then I'll have the money to polish the wheels. I was quoted $400 for the
rear and $350 for the front. That seem's like a lot more than what I paid
for my Katana a few years ago at the same shop. Anyone had there wheels
polished yet? What did it cost?

Second task was to troubleshoot the garage remote and while I was poking
under the dash I decided to swap the colored bezels for the turn signal and
low fuel lights. Great tip! Found out that when Cal BMW/Triumph sealed the
remote with shrink tubing to protect it from the elements, one of the lead
wires came off. I will admit I am not a skilled solderer, so I guess I have
to take the blame. Anyways I got it fixed and I am looking forward to being
able to just roll down the driveway and into the garage.

Now if it weren't raining I would test it out, but I don't think new tires
and rain mix, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Eric, thanks for the fairing instructions, I wouldn't have guessed the 2
lower windshield screws would have to come out.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com