Re: Triumph branded riding gear....

Kevin Hoskins wrote:
> My first official question concerns Triumph branded leathers,
> "Cordura" riding gear, and boots. I would sure like to hear from
> anyone who owns any of this gear. How does it compare to any of the
> name brands. I am thinking that, should I purchase a Sprint (very
> likely), I will also purchase riding gear and bags at
> the same time.

Kevin,

I'm not sure how many responses you have received, but here goes! I have
the Triumph Frontiers Jacket, and overall, I have been extremely happy
with it.  I use it for my cool/cold weather riding here in Texas, and it
has kept me very warm with the liner in (freezing weather), and keeps me
just right in cool weather with the liner out.  I would suggest, though,
either wearing a turtle neck with it or getting an Aerostich wind
triangle as I do get some air down the neck.  This, however, may be due
to the fact that this jacket was made for men, and to have it not be too
tight in some places, I had to get it larger in others :-(!  I guess
there are still not enough women Triumph riders for them to make it in
women's sizes.  I have not tried the pants for that very reason, and it
is the reason I do not have Triumph boots.  I have also ridden with it
for several hours in drizzling rain, and it kept me dry.  I will
probably still put on my raingear for heavy downpours.

I have a pair of Tourmaster Cordura pants to go with my jacket, and I am
not nearly as happy with them as I am with the Triumph jacket.  For
instance, in the cold, drizzly weather near Ouray, Colorado, they
leaked, making it a very cold ride indeed.  In dry weather, they do an
adequate job of blocking the wind, but long underwear is a necessity if
I want to keep warm!

Hope this helps!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas