Re: GAUGE/good fuel!!!

Rick Damiani wrote:

> > [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Matt
> > Knowles
>
> (this seems to be my catch-up-on-replying day.)
>
> I tried a couple tankfulls of 87, 89, and 92 octane CA-spec
> crappy-gas in my bike and found that I got significant fuel knock
> with the 87, a bit less with the 89, and nearly none with the 92.

I tried the same since the owners manual listed only RON. In
Massachusetts, the 87 knocked under normal acceleration. The 89 didn't
give any noticeable knock except for once or twice under hi gear, slow
speed, uphill and full throttle conditions. From a stop light I hear
nothing. The 92 didn't knock.

Since it only knocked in a very limited fringe condition I have been
using the middle grade with out problem.

Neil