Re: First service

Andrea wrote:

> The dealer has also replaced the fuel level sender with the new one, and
> finally the fuel light has turned off (it was about time!). It still lights
> up for a second or so after I turn the engine on, but I assume that's
> normal, maybe a self-check!?

	Correct.

	The lag in the sender (mine works) also means that it takes a while to
read full after filling up - last week I filled up before the light came
on, rode straight home and parked up.  The next morning when I started
the bike up the fuel light came on!  I guess the sender is on the right
hand side of the tank, as I'd parked on the sidestand.

> Plus, they mounted the optional centre stand. It fits the bike pretty well,
> but when I saw the longer (MUCH longer) "back angle indicator pegs" mounted
> on the footrests, I started thinking I've made a mistake by ordering the
> centre stand. I still have to test them on our twisty roads, but I fear
> I'll be scratching them all of the time since I was already grounding the
> shorter ones every now and then.

	Well, you'll just wear them back to the right size ;-)  I've not heard
of the centre stand touching down - I've had the fairing down on the
right hand side without anything else touching.

                Jim
- --
       jim@       ,'_            It turns out I'm not the "Man of Steel"
  gillespie.org  / -.--.    ___  I thought I was...  I'm more the sort
                _\_  ~-.`--'_.-' of... "Man of Play Dough"
 '99 Sprint ST \__/ `---'  \__/               -- Simon "Morphine" Morley