Fuel injectors ok...dodgy spark plugs.

Hi all,
well after some very tough weeks and weekends (and my whole team on shifts) we finally were ready to play with our new spacecraft, ... so I can get out and enjoy the wet and chilly weather that has returned.  Working evenings at least meant I had 2 nice morning rides.
The recall was to have the prototype (version 69?) fuel guage fitted and report back to them on how it works. They received 6 and I was buyer no. 2 back in '99.
The other problem was that the bike would run on 2 cylinders when cold, and then cyl. 3 would kick in after about 5--10 mins.  This is apparently caused by a batch of bad spark plugs that were issued (by NGK or Champion?) in Germany last year.  A number of bikes have seen failures as early as 300km!
Well, I hope the spring comes early to all those frozen riding zones and we dont have any more hiccups with the ST.

After my two rides I was so hooked again I have unsub'd from the Digest and resub'd to the full ST list..... now what back tyre should I try this summer.....

cheers
Jonathan (Darmstadt)

Jonathan Schulster, Eumetsat, tel x648
MSG spacecraft operations preparation