Bit of a Jam

My bike developed a gas leak yesterday. The gas is dripping at a rate
of about a drop every couple of minutes or so. It appears to be
leaking, at what I'm guessing, is the fuel gauge sensor on the bottom
of the tank near the back. This makes sense as I had mine
unnecessarily replaced. The gas is running down the wires and dripping
here and there.

Here's the problem: 1) The shop is closed today 2) I'm leaving for
Mexico tomorrow. 3) I'm afraid to start it as it appears some of the
gas is dripping into the alternator.

Here's the question: How can I drain the tank? I don't want to jam a
hose in there as I'm afraid of messing up senders or fuel pumps or
whatever. Can you disconnect a fuel line and use the fuel pump to
force it out? If so, how involved?

TIA,

Ken  Pickett   00ST