Update on "howling" fuel system when it is cold

Since the howling noise appears to be a common problem but the fix wasn't
clear I thought I'd give an update on my ST.

I took my ST in for the first maintenance and I mentioned the howling noise
when I turn the ignition on.  The mechanic seemed familiar with the problem
(he said it has now happened on 2 of the 3 blue STs they have sold).  He
said the problem was related to the pressurizing system and could be caused
by two issues (neither effect performance but he agreed the noise is
annoying): 1) bad fuel regulator or 2) some widget needs to be turned 90
degrees.

When I picked up the bike he said he fixed the problem. The receipt says
replaced fuel pressure regulator (no they didn't charge me, they just
documented it).  The replacement seems to fix the problem.  The pumping
sound is now consistently quieter at all temperatures.

Adam