RE: Hello, all...

For the back of the tank the Triumph carbon-fiber tank pad is a
nice looking option that is plenty strong enough to withstand a
zipper or three. For the sides, the best thing I found was 3M
InvincaShield adhesive film. Applied correctly it is nearly
invisible and resists scratches really well. I will likely be at
the next LABiker dinner, so look me up there and I'll point it out
to you - it's hard to see if you ain't looking for it.

Eric did a few mass purchases of the 3M film and may have a bit
left over. If not, Pro Italia has some 12"x12" sheets for around
$20.00