Crash Happy

< snip > Some naughty individual has crashed the Jack Lilley RS demonstrator
>:-(  I dropped off my ST this morning for the insurance work, 18,000
>miles service and a few bits 'n' bobs and one of the mechanics (the one
>with a full beard) was wheeling a rather sorry-looking orange RS in.

That would have been Baldrick, I'm surprised that he did not offer
you tickets for the morning hanging. Part of our test ride form now
states " anyone causing damage to this motorcycle will be hung at
dawn the following morning"  Seems to slow 'em down a bit!

Bit late reading the digest and Ludo's problem. I would reckon to
be fuel, most petrol seems to go stale inside 3-4 weeks and over
a space of months it will horrid. Leastways that seems to be the
case in the UK. Whether our fuel is worse than that in other EU
countries I'm not sure, but we do seem to get this problem a lot
with bikes that have not been used for some time. Strange though
that the old wooden bikes I have still seem to run OK after being
left for months on end. For wooden bikes read 1933 Norton Inter/
Manx and 1946 Ariel 350.

All the best

Steve.