Re: Crash Happy

In a message dated 2/16/00 1:44:37 AM, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Bit late reading the digest and Ludo's problem. I would reckon to
be fuel, most petrol seems to go stale inside 3-4 weeks and over
a space of months it will horrid. Leastways that seems to be the
case in the UK. Whether our fuel is worse than that in other EU
countries I'm not sure, but we do seem to get this problem a lot >>

Don't you have fuel stabilizer in the UK? In the US we have some stuff called
Stabil, and others as well, which when added to the tank, and run enough to
get into the carburettors, works quite well to prevent varnish build-up. We
used to see varnish in the new Triumphs shipped here, after their factory
start-up test, with unstabilized fuel-often requiring a carburettor overhaul
bofore being sold, but haven't heard so much about it lately.