Re: New list member

Hallo Thomas,

Welcome to the list, and congratulations for choosing the RS.

Thomas Maxhofer wrote:
>As a total newcomer to Triumph motorcycles (had KTM GS400, Honda CB750K6,
>Yamaha XS650, Yamaha XJ900, BMW R100R before) I certainly have a lot of
>questions for you Triumph experienced guys, for example (sorry Eric and
>Jonathan - I know, I`ve asked you the same questions already):

Well, I'm not a Triumph experienced guy since I own one only from the
beginning of January... but I own the right one of the right color! :)

>My Triumph dealer has offered me a lot of accessories for the Sprint RS. Now
>I´m not sure what to choose and what to skip.
>
>I will definitely go for:
>- Heated Grips
>- Master Cylinder Cover (Carbon) for Rear Brake Master Cylinder

I didn't order that, but I know the same accessory is available for the ST
too, so maybe someone else can enlighten me on the usefulness of the
cylinder cover.

>- Centre Stand

I had it mounted last week, but I still have to test it on the twists. I
was surprised when I saw that it came with new, longer, back angle
indicator pegs mounted on the footrests (to prevent grounding the stand).
I'll let you know how it goes.
I must say it fits perfectly the bike, plus it's very easy to use.
I'll make some photos of it to show you how it looks.

>I´m thinking about the following stuff:
>- Tank Pad (Carbon)

I already ordered that from JL. My Dainese jacket has a button that
sometimes hits the tank leaving its sign :-(

>- Rear Hugger

I ordered that too from JL, but my order was put on hold since the factory
hasn't started to produce them yet. I hope they'll begin soon because my
rear monoshock is getting too dirty for my taste, and it's not very easy to
clean.

>- Triumph Sports Throw-over Panniers with Panel Protectors

I preferred the topbox, which is invaluable for commuting, and I can leave
it on the bike with no worries.

>- Triumph Tank bag

Ordered that too. But I think I'll use it only on long trips.
Before ordering I had a look at some other brands, but didn't find anything
that I'd like to see on my beloved bike.

- -andre