Re: 3M Film

Eric wrote:
 >>I like the clear 3M film instead - I've had a few people ask, so it may be
 >>time to offer another order.

Keith W Peters asked:
 >Eric (or anybody else who has used it),
 >How easy is the film to apply without getting bubbles or ripples in it
 >(short fuse when applying this type of thing)?
 >If you do make a mistake how easy is it to remove (do you have a few
 >moments before it sets) ?

The film goes on wet and the air bubbles are squeegeed out (using the
supplied squeegee). If you look at the ST site under the accessories, you
will see (or not) the tank protector that I made for my ST. It has several
complex curves and would be impossible to do with a conventional clear film
(like would be used on dirt bikes etc). It took a little while and required
the use of a heat gun to soften the film a little, but it looks great. In
the kit I have a template for the one I used, but recommend cutting it down
a little to make it easier to install. It does not set immediately so it is
possible to put it down and then pull it back off to reposition it.

I've done 6 bikes with the film now, so I am starting to get pretty good at
putting it on.

BTW - I saw my old Sprint recently, which had the film installed a couple
years (and 24,000 miles) ago. It still looks great - no yellowing, peeling
etc....

I will put the info out about the kit that I offer, later today and if we
get enough interest, I will do another bulk order.

 >(Blue ST ownership in 15 days...and counting...)
 >(Getting close now, nerves starting to tell...)

how are you sleeping ? ;-)

- - Weasel Dawg