NEW OWNERS READ IMMEDIATELY!

I have just received this from a very credible source.
- - Eric
www.TriumphNet.com

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL

Affected Models = Speed Triple, Sprint ST, and Sprint RS

Affected VIN range = 098573 -099811

We require your immediate attention on the rectification of some 2000 model
year motorcycles. In some extreme cases the final drive chain may fracture
causing loss of drive and vehicle instability.

We have been advised by our supplier, that this is a result of an
inappropriate heat treatment process during manufacture. Please refer to
Service Bulletin 271 for repair details.

It is imperative that all units in your inventory within the above VIN range
have the drive chains replaced under warranty. Also, all owners having
recently purchased an "affected" machine should be contacted immediately and
asked to return the machine to you for a replacement chain.

A stock of replacement chains will be available from Triumph U.S. Parts Dept.
Please order the appropriate number of chains using part number A9610004.

No affected chains have been sold from spares, so there is no need to purge
your parts stock.

Further information will be mailed our when available.

Thank you for your co-operation.

End of st-digest V2000 #49