Re: friction modifiers/AMSOIL sysntheitc oil

Charlie wrote:

> Me again regarding oil.  I almost forgot...  Look closely at the AMSOIL spec
> sheet.  It explicitly states that NO FRICTION MODIFIERS are added in
> consideration of its intended use in motorcycle engines.   In addition high
> amounts of anti-wear additives have been added, again in consideration of
> the high-performance needs of cycle engines.  Like I said before, it is the
> additive packages that differentiate oils and tailor them to specific
> purposes.

What meaningless letters on the container of oil indicate that there are
"friction fighting clutch killers"

I have 2 bottle of SJ, one has the letters CF one does not.  Does this
mean anything.

I inspected 11 different oil bottles in his garage before deciding to
enter yet another oil thread (which I vowed never to do....)

FWIW

I will be running AMSOIL in the race bike.....  AMSOIL may NOT be
perfect for the ST, but, it will stand up to the kind of redline abuse
that I will dish out this year....  This doesn't mean I think that
AMSOIL is better than free beer, only that it doesn't break down like
some oils do.  Anyone who has abused the life out of a motor knows what
I mean.  You drain the oil, then comeback later, and say, "Hmmmmmmm..
Was I drinking and wrenching again? did I put brake fluid in the catch
oil pan."

In my other bikes, I run various other oils, but thus far, shy away from
the SJ oils in the motorbikes
One more EVIL question.

Is there meaning to the 4T on certain bottles of OIL, specifically Mobil
1 and Motul 3100.