Oils - Meaning of 2T and 4T

Von: pinky <chuckb@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. Februar 2000 11:31
Betreff: Re: friction modifiers/AMSOIL sysntheitc oil

> Thomas Maxhofer wrote:
> >
> > > One more EVIL question.
> > >
> > > Is there meaning to the 4T on certain bottles of OIL, specifically
Mobil
> > > 1 and Motul 3100.
> >
> > As far as I´m aware the "4T" means that the oil is intended for use in a
> > 4-stroke engine, not a 2-stroke.
> >

> Hmmmmmm, I find this odd, since the 4T moniker is only listed on the
> Motul and Mobil 1 bottles.  I spent some time searching the net for any
> meaning, and came up with nothing.  charlie help!

> -chuck

Hi Chuck,

here´s a short excerpt from theMobil Oil Website (www.mobil-oil.com):

Mobil 1 Racing 4T:
- -100% synthetic race proven 4-stroke engine oil, SAE 15W/50
- -Recommended for all on and off road 4-strokes
- -...

Mobil 1 Racing 2T:
- -100% synthetic race proven 2-stroke engine oil, recommended for all on and
off road 2-strokes

Mobil Extra 4T:
A superior semi-synthetic oil recommended for all 4-stroke engines

Mobil Extra 2T:
A superior semi-synthetic oil with a carefully selected additive package
recommended for all on and off road 2-stroke machines

The 2T or 4T is also on quite a lot of oils here in Germany.

Have a nice weekend!

Thomas