Re: Carbon Race can for the RS

Kelley & David wrote:

>   Also, anyone in the Richmond to Washington DC area?  I live in
> Fredericksburg and would love to find some others to ride with once I get
> the bike.  Or, has anyone had any nice experiences with the shops in the
> same area?

Hi David! Congrats on your near-purchase. I deal with Cycle Sport in
Hernon, VA, and have been very satisfied with them. They don't discount
much, but their service has been great and they're a good group of guys
to deal with. (I just wish they had loaner bikes available for when you
drop your bike off for service!) I think Battley in Gaithersburg still
sells Triumphs, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

I have a blue 2000 ST and put the carbon fiber race can on a couple
months ago. I haven't had a lot of chances to ride since then, but I did
have my dealer dyno the bike before and after. I picked-up anywhere from
2-6 HP, depending on the specific RPM. More important to me, though, is
the much nicer exhaust note. The stock exhaust was whispery quiet, and
while not wanting to sound like a squid or a straight-pipe Harley, I did
want to hear a little more of that famous triple sound. The race pipe
did the trick for me.

Other than that, I got the heated handgrips (and used the European
headlight switch to control them, instead of the ugly red rocker switch
that's supposed to go into a hole you cut into the fairing), the carbon
fiber tank pad, the two-bag setup with top rack, a Chase Harper micro
tank bag (I thought the Triumph one was too big), and a Scottoiler. The
only other things I want for the bike are the carbon fiber rear hugger
from Jack Lilley's, an Autocom system, and an improved seat (probably
from Sargent).

I ride with a great group of guys; I'll make sure to include you in the
emails the next time we get together for a ride. It's a diverse
selection of bikes and people, but we're all in our 30's and 40's and
like to ride at a moderately fast -- but sane -- pace.
- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG Consulting, LLC