Re: Mirror COndoms

><< The Sprint ST is completely out due to the awful floppy
>  > >horrible-fitting rubber sleeves wrapped around the mirror
>  > >stocks. >>
>
>I guess that would have rulled out most Honda sport bikes as of late and
many
>others.  The Mirror stalk covers worked fine on my VFR as they have on both
>Sprint STs.  Seems silly to base a bike buying decision on such things.

Aside from the fact that one might ask just exactly why Triumph overhauled
the mirrors for the RS, one might also note that Honda eliminated all
"mirror condoms" from their lines as well. Yamaha also did a way with the
floppy design in favor of a rubber boot that affixes *under* the mounting
base, making it impossible to flop. There is a lesson in all this.

Even the showroom, the dealer could not get the Sprint ST mirror condoms to
fit right all around. The same anal-rententiveness that makes me
uncompromising with respect to motorcycle fit and finish is also responsible
for the fact that my wife and I can afford to own more one motorcycle each.
There is a lot to be said for exacting standards, and floppy dangling mirror
condom thingies just don't do it for some. No offense intended. I am quite
certain that you may have some criteria that consists of things I would be
happy to overlook, so to each his own.

Greg Girard