Euro headlight switch

Just received my Euro headlight switch from Lilley's (excellent service by
the way - about 7 days since ordering - I'm in Pennsylvania). I know a few of
the list members here have made this conversion - any tips you could pass on
would be appreciated.  Looks like it comes apart in two halves, so I don't
have to remove the hand grip and slide it on? Does any of the fairing need to
come off?  (I haven't made a real close inpection of the existing switch and
its related wiring on the bike so that question may be obvious once I do
that). I also thought someone mentioned that this switch incorporated the
on/off for the heated grips, I don't see that on this one. I have the Widder
electric gloves anyway, so probably won't opt for the heated grips....

TIA,
John Heinzer  (waiting for the thaw so I can ride!!!)
'00 ST