RE: Paniers are On! (and Shoei RF-800)

Hey, I did try one on, in fact, it was the exact same helmet model of my
friend's at the dealership.  It was because he let me borrow his helmet (for
the test ride) that I decided to purchase the Shoei.  His was a medium.  I
think this one was mis-badged.  It was painful to wear.  Anyways, I
exchanged it today for a large.  And the ST comes out of the garage
tomorrow!  Luggage, helmet, and all.

Now to order the Gen-Mar handlebar risers...

- --Joel

PS.  I saw RS today.  Not bad.  I can see where they cut the $$ from...

> PS.  I noticed the posts concerning the Shoei RF-800 Helmets, and I don't
> know if this is normal, but I'm 5'5" short, and a Medium sized RF-800 is
too
> small for my head.

Around these parts height has nothing to so with helmet size. You might
fit into a medium jacket and have a large head.

> What do you tall folks do?

I'm 6'-2". I try on helmets before I buy them. I wear an XL jacket and a
Large RF-800.

> And who  can actually wear a small other than children?

People with small heads. Small dawgs wear 'em too!

- --
Steve Lawler
A Red Sox fan living in Yankee country

2000 Sprint ST (Blue, of course)
1980 Honda CM400T "My Little Red Putt-Putt"

I.A.T.S.E. Locals #52 & 84

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

*