Re: replacing light switch

Howard,
Thank you for your thoughtful and very detailed reply outlining the procedure for changing over to the Euro headlight swith. I guess "ignorance is bliss" in my case  as I went ahead and tackled this job last night, (before I received your post). I did the job without removing any panels or bodywork at all, granted it wasn't easy working in such a confined place as under that instrument panel but it is possible. I first removed the switch housing itself from the handlebar, (loosening the brake lever is necessary as you know), then traced the harness to its' connector (removing the fork leg clip and one wire tie), then locating the receiving connector  under the instrument panel. This is the tricky part because you have to get enough of a grasp on this connector to rotate it 180 degrees so you can depress the little black tab that locks the two connectors together. It took a little patience to do this part, but once you depress that tab, the connetors slide apart and all you hav!
e to do now is mount the new switch and route it the same way. Took me about 35 minutes. I am extremely pleased with the results, it's nice to have a fully functional lighting system that you have control over. I especially like that little central "eye" between the headlights!

John Heinzer
Coatesville, Pa.
'00 ST (black)