Re: Red Line Water Wetter

At 04:13 PM 2/25/2000 +0100, Thomas Maxhofer wrote:

>For the first time in my life I´ve heard about "Red Line Water Wetter". It´s a liquid which has to be added to the water in the cooling system. My dealer told me that this stuff would reduce the temperature in the cooling system by (up to) 10 degrees Celsius. Does this really work? How? Has anyone on this list used this before? How much do you pay for it in the US?

Nothing will reduce the temperature in thermostatically-controlled
cooling system.  It will run at the thermostat temperature as long
as the system is within its control range.  What these products do
is make the cooling more efficient, thereby extending the control
range.  It's like having a bigger furnace in your house.  It doesn't
make your house any warmer, but it does run less to maintain the
same temperature.  When it gets too cold for the normal furnace to
keep the house warm, the bigger one will.  Same thing.  When the
cooling system gets outside its range, where the thermostat is
always on (so the fan is running continuously), the cooling system
is shedding more heat.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx