Re: Red Line Water Wetter

>For the first time in my life I´ve heard
>about "Red Line Water Wetter". It´s a liquid which has to be added to
>the
>water in the cooling system. My dealer told me that this stuff would
>reduce
>the temperature in the cooling system by (up to) 10 degrees Celsius. Does
>this
>really work? How? Has anyone on this list used this before? How much do
>you pay
>for it in the US?

Water Wetter is primarily used by racers who must drain the coolant out of
their bikes because coolant is worse than oil in that it can't be cleaned
off of the track as easily as oil. It is much better than running pure
water.

However, it should not be used as a permanent cooler because it's not
designed to protect the magnesium and aluminum parts of your engine from
corrosion.

You could always mix water wetter, anti-freeze, and water, but then you're
still diluting the benefits of both. I would suggest that unless you are
racing, or live in a very warm climate year round, sticking with plain
anti-freeze would be better for the bike.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com