Re: bad news (fwd)

>Out of curiosity, what speeds have the list members enjoyed on
>their Sprints.  I guess it would be interesting to know what kind
>of speed is possible with and without luggage.

According to the wildly optimistic speedo, I hit 120 at the end of the
straight at Willows, and the same speed on one stretch of road behind Mt.
Hamilton. (those in the Bay Area probably know what stretch of road I'm
refering to)

As far as with luggage, especially with the top box on, I don't like the
handling above 80 or 90. It's a bit twitchy in crosswinds and truck gusts.
Maybe if I was out on some desert highway without a turn in site I might
see what it could do with luggage, but there's a reason the Hyabusa doesn't
have saddlebags and a trunk.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com