Re: Suspension

I hope this goes through.  Every attempt to post in the past few days has
come back as undeliverable from my ISP.  :-(

Rick <TXToday@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> FWIW I rode 300 miles today on my new 2000 ST setup as per Sport Rider's
> suggestions.  This setup seemed as good as any I've tried and even though
I'm
> about 215 lbs and they recomend this setup for a 175 lb rider, the setup
> seemed plenty firm for me.  Again, with my 140 lb passenger and luggage it
> might lack a little, but for me alone it was plenty firm, even a little
> stiff.  I'm used to a plusher ride and I guess those Sport Rider guys must
> throw these things into corners pretty hard.

I set my ST up as per the Triumph reccomendation for the "firmer" setting.
This is still softer than the Sport Rider suggestion.  I like the front-end.
The back-end was fine in the twisties yesterday (not pushing it, I was in
the middle of a group of 20+ bikes on a RAT ride) but there were times in
the straights that I wished for the slightly "plusher" ride of the standard
setting.

I must admit, if I wasn't restricted to the speed of the group I probably
would have wanted the suspension to be even stiffer.

What I plan to do is dial in the suspension to the type of riding I expect
to do.  During the week it'll be a bit softer for straight-line riding
around town (commuting and errands).  On the weekend I'll firm it up for the
twisties out of town.

If this post goes through then I'll do a writeup of the Y2K RAT ride
Willemina and I did yesterday, and talk about all the biking goodies Santa
brought me, and whether they are worth having or not.

- --
Bill Flowers -- Never Say Die
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"
- --
New Years Resolution: Saddle Sore 1000 or bust!

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website