Re: New lister

Paul Steinbacher <psteinbacher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Welcome on board Mort. My first suggestion would be heated grips for the
> upcoming weather, followed by panniers, tank bag, risers, top rack, tank
> protector, fender extensions, hugger, tall screen, performance can, Sigma
> BC800, then settle in for a few good rides prior to parting with any more
> money. Course that's just me speaking, I added the above plus a Penske
shock
> and backrest for our riding pleasure. I think as you already must know,
you
> will be more than pleased with this bike even, if you would decide to keep
> it box stock.

Right ideas for accessories, but wrong order.  Tank protection has to come
first.  Protecting it after it is scratched is like closing the barn door
after the horses have bolted!

Heated grips and tall screen should be next to deal with the weather.  The
Genmar risers are a great match for the tall screen, in addition to making
the ride so much more comfortable (even the seat feels better).  The 1-1/8"
thickness brought the bars up 1-1/4" (yes, more than the thickness of the
riser -- remember your geometry) and back by 1/2".  Now they are absolutely
perfect!  IMHO of course.

Panniers and top box if you want to travel.

I've got a list of low-priced goodies that I'll talk about tomorrow
afternoon.  At least one looks to be a "must have" and only cost $10 or so!
- --
Bill Flowers -- Never Say Die
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"
- --
New Years Resolution: Saddle Sore 1000 or bust!

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website