Ouray memories, was Re: st-digest V2000 #2

Robert wrote;
>The Million Dollar Highway south IS a great ride. I stayed in Durango for
>two days and rode the area.Ouray is also a great place. Did you catch the
>waterfall just south of town?

If you mean the one overlooking the town, that one I did.  We hiked up to
the base of the actual waterfall, wasn't more than 4 Ouray city blocks from
downtown.  We got some great pictures of a pair of rams thru the spray.  We
also went to the mine north of town, towards Ridgeway, very cool people.

Lisa wrote;
>We also took the road down to the bottom of the Black Canyon of the
Gunnison (16%
>grade and curves all the way!)!

We spent too much time relaxing in the hot springs and watching the rock
climbers to make the Gunnison run.  We did end up going North on 133 thru
Redstone, crossed over a minor pass, McClure.  It was very scenic, and not
real busy.  Had to leave it at Glenwood Springs to make the superslab boogie
home, again ugh! :)

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website