Re: Gen-Mar risers

Jack Hays <sprintst@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, I got the Gen-Mar risers direct from Gene at Gen-Mar the very next
> day after ordering! Installed then without any hitches in about three
> hours. Could have saved half that if I'd known to removed other bits to
> get at the needed items beforehand. Anyway, it seems to me that the
> front brake cable is about two inches too long. Anyone else mention this
> before? It just seems to rub on the inner fairing during some moves a
> little too much. Eric, thanks for the information I pulled about the
> clutch cable routing. Gene includes an extra drawing with the risers now
> showing the route. My only suggestion to Gen-Mar would be to charge us
> about five bucks more and supply the washers. Luckily RPM was open and
> had the washers so i was on my way.

I love my GenMar risers.  I had the dealer install them while they were
repairing Jewel after the crash.  They brought the bars back 1/2" and up
1-1/4".  With the tall Triumph windshield I'd say the bike is best described
as "aggressive touring", not quite as sporty as "sport touring".  I like it
... a lot!  :-)

BTW, on my 2000 ST the clutch cable is long enough to leave it in the stock
position without any problem.  Even at full left there is still a small
amount of play in the cable.  Maybe Triumph is making them longer now?
- --
Bill Flowers -- Never Say Die
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"
- --
New Years Resolution: Saddle Sore 1000 or bust!

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website