Re: fuel pump

When you switch the bike "on" the fuel pump, electrics and computer all come
online. Wait until the sound of the pump stops...about 3 to 4 seconds, THEN
start the bike. Ignition should just fine. Remember to let the system get
fully energised, before you press the "start" switch.

Hi guys. I might not be clear about this fuel pump noise. I'm aware of the
"normal" fuel pump/electrics/computer noises. Normally immediately after the
ignition is switched on, the pump engages with a whirring sound. After
waiting until approx 5 seconds after the pump stops, I start the engine. All
is OK.

The problem noise is when the chugging whine sound appears instead of the
whirring sound. After the pump stops this noise, I switch the ignition off
and try again. This is repeated about 4 times with the length of the whine
decreasing each time. After the 5th attempt, the pump's noise is back to
normal.

News flash: Just got off the phone to Triumph Australia. The service guy,
who used to work in R&D at Hinckley in '90 for 3 years, is aware of the
weird noise but attributes it to new(ish) bikes. My ST is at 2000km after
which this noise should disappear entirely. Phew!

Bryce