Re: Triumph Heated Grips - Installation Advice

     Rig,

     The installation is very straight forward. Just remove all of the
     front bodywork and cockpit to give easy access.

     I mounted the switch in the left side of the dash panel because I
     didn't want to disturb the wiring everytime the fairing was removed. I
     cut out the aperture part of the supplied template and fixed it to the
     dash where I wanted to mount the switch. I then drilled a 3mm hole in
     each corner and used a dremel cutting disk to 'join the dots'.

     I didn't want to cut off the grips and found that the originals could
     be salvaged by taking a slim screwdriver coated in washing up liquid
     and carefully inserting it between the grip and handlebar. Then work
     the screwdriver all the way around the bar, breaking the adhesive and
     lubricating the rubber grip. You can then simply slide the grips
     straight off.

     As Lance said, the only thing to be careful of is routing the wiring
     in the bar cutouts to avoid damaging them.

     Martin

How easy are the Triumph heated grips to install?

Eric, how difficult was it to install the switch in a different position?

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software