RE: Race Tech anyone??

- --============_-1264866651==_ma============

Hi Paul: Nope 00's have the same forks ( damping rods)  I spoke again
at length with Race Tech and The front forks total parts cost is
$240.00 for springs and the gold valves. Interesting though that you
discussed preload/ sag in your other post I found on my K12 with the
Ohlins that sag was critical in getting all the performance I'd paid
for! Also if you feel the front end is now harsh my bet is that the
springs or oil are about beat.. you do have how many miles on the
bike :-)) Also since you are kinda of local, Blackmans has a Racetech
certified tech there who has been to all of their schools. So for
about $400.00 I can get the whole front end done while I wait!  I'd
like to be able to do it my self but I really don't have the tools or
the experience to rebuild forks.. install a shock yes, rebuild forks
no way!

Erik

>At the risk of sounding foolish, oh well. Since race tech lists
>"cartridge emulators" I assume that means for a non cartridge fork.
>Looking at the 2000 pamphlet "43mm cartridge forks". I can't find an
>old pamphlet so I don't know what the 99 had, but looking through
>the shop manual the internals don't look like to be cartridge fork
>internals. So, does that mean the 00 ST's get a fork upgrade and
>would require different race tech internals or maybe are good as is?
>
>Paul & Dee

- --============_-1264866651==_ma============

<smaller>Hi Paul: Nope 00's have the same forks ( damping rods)  I
spoke again at length with Race Tech and The front forks total parts
cost is $240.00 for springs and the gold valves. Interesting though
that you discussed preload/ sag in your other post I found on my K12
with the Ohlins that sag was critical in getting all the performance
I'd paid for! Also if you feel the front end is now harsh my bet is
that the springs or oil are about beat.. you do have how many miles on
the bike :-)) Also since you are kinda of local, Blackmans has a
Racetech certified tech there who has been to all of their schools. So
for about $400.00 I can get the whole front end done while I wait!  I'd
like to be able to do it my self but I really don't have the tools or
the experience to rebuild forks.. install a shock yes, rebuild forks no
way!

Erik

<excerpt>At the risk of sounding foolish, oh well. Since race tech
lists "cartridge emulators" I assume that means for a non cartridge
fork. Looking at the 2000 pamphlet "43mm cartridge forks". I can't find
an old pamphlet so I don't know what the 99 had, but looking through
the shop manual the internals don't look like to be cartridge fork
internals. So, does that mean the 00 ST's get a fork upgrade and would
require different race tech internals or maybe are good as is?

=20

Paul & Dee

<bold>From:</bold> owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]<bold>On Behalf Of </bold>mchead

<bold>Sent:</bold> Wednesday, January 05, 2000 7:02 PM

<bold>To:</bold> ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<bold>Subject:</bold> Re: Race Tech anyone??

=20

t,left</param>Anyone
out there had their forks reworked?  I spoke with Race Tech today and
will probably do springs and gold valve cartridge emulators in the
spring ( finances permitting) before springing for the rear shock. But
I was wondering if anyone has opinions on Race Tech from personal
experience?

      =20

=20

<smaller>Well I dont have them in my ST(come to think of it I dont have
my ST:( .... But I did have the gold valve emulators in my 96 Trophy.
It was the best thing I ever did to that bike. I really liked then.

=20

Robert

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website

End of st-digest V2000 #6