Re: RS vs ST

On 12 Jan 00, at 15:43, Rich Weyand wrote:

> At 09:26 PM 1/12/2000 +0000, travis underwood wrote:
> >Hello!  I am new to the list and hoping to purchase an ST or RS in the next few months. Has anyone ridden the RS and how well suited would it be for long hauls?  The st seems like it woudl work well for long hauls.  I have previously owned an BMW R100GS so an st would be a bit of a change. If
I went with an ST I would hopefully find a used one, but that seems kinda hard to do since there are not many ont he market.

> Make sure to check the insurance first.  Triumph classes the RS as
> Sport, the ST as Tour, and this could affect your rates big time.

When I checked with my agent (Allstate), I was quoted $30/year
more than my '98 CB750 Nighthawk.  Unless they are not aware of
the classification, Allstate must not think it's all that sporty.

Just one person's data point.

- -Keith
'98 CB750 Nighthawk
'00 Sprint RS (soon...)