rear brakes

Saw this comment on the Triumph site today and it reminded me
that on my way home from town last night, I felt that my rear
brake had become really spongey and inefficient, after just 1100
km - anyone else get that feeling? It's due in for a service
this Monday anyway, but surely this isn't just worn-out brake
pads already???

>From Triumph:
I guess since its been talked about lately I'll add my comment.
My rear brake
is crap. I can stand on it with little effect. I believe the
fault is the
master cylinder. Does anyone know if an upgraded master cyl. is
available for
a 98 T-Bird Sport?