Re: Fuel Sender

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:48:05 -0500, you wrote:

>Just got off the phone with my service manager and he said that he has
>read some stuff about it but hasn't seen a service bulletin or anything.
>He did say that he has ordered a couple of parts one was $400 and he is
>thinking that it is a fuel tank??? We both questioned that but what else
>for this could be $400. I will let you know what I find out.

My 2000 ST has the sender problem and my service manager read the bulletin
to me. I wish I could repeat it verbatim but it went something like this.
The problem is with the sending unit in the tank. The defective version is
a rheostat design and the new one is a reed style. People having the
problem can get it replaced under warranty but they will not seek you out
(recall). It's official and your service manager should know about it.

Ken Pickett

00 ST