Rear hugger

Just returned from Hermy's with a rear hugger, Triumph tank bag, and the seat
cowl. Seat cowl was a snap, next was the hugger (the plastic one, not CF).
Has anyone been able to install this thing as per instructions? I could not
get the brake line on the outside of the chain guard where it belongs in
spite of every angle and contortion I could try. It just could not be moved
forward enough to allow the brake hose to come around the end of it. What I
ended up doing was punching out the two little plastic clips that fasten the
chain guard to the curved piece. Easy enough to do, both pieces went on
perfectly, and I fastened them back together with two small bolts/nuts. In my
mind, this piece could not have gone on doing something like this, or else
removing body work, left passenger peg, etc. I'd love to hear any others
comments, experiences with this piece. By the way, it looks great and I am
very sure that it will make cleaning much easier.
Tomorrow I will 'install' the Triumph tank bag...I recall a couple of listers
commenting on modifying the mounting straps to make taking on and off a
little easier.... any suggestions greatly appreciated!

John Heinzer
'00 ST black