Re: Rear hugger

In a message dated 01/15/2000 7:59:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Just remove the rear brake caliper. Then it just slides into
 place. FWIW I'd make damn sure to put loctite on those two nuts/bolts
 that would be a messy place to have them come loose. >>
Erik,
Thanks for the reply,  the way the instructions are written, it sounded like
it should just slip on. I had a major headache last year messing with a brake
caliper on my Guzzi LeMans, got some air in the integrated system and could
not bleed it out. So, I probably shied away from taking off the caliper.
Anyway, I got it on just fine by separating the two pieces by knocking out
the two plastic 'rivets'. Then, rejoining them with two small bolts. I think
Triumph should have mentioned removal of the caliper.

Thanks again!

John Heinzer
'00 ST
Coatesville. Pa/