RE: Fuel Gauge / Sender

Why are you using an octane booster? If the fuel you get from the
pump is good enough to keep the engine from knocking, further
'enhancement' of it's anti-knock index will not provide any
benift.

Of course, that presuposes that the octane rating is actually
enhanced by the addition of the octane booster. A few years ago
Hot Rod Magazene did an exhaustive test of various fuel-system
additives for efficency and effectiveness and found that none of
the octane bosters - even when over treating by a factor of two -
produced a rise of even one full point. Fuel additives [1], like
oil additives, are at best ineffective. At worst they may damage
your fuel system.

With that said, extended personal (and informal) testing on my own
Sprint tells me that an octane number of 91 [(RON+MON)/2] is the
minimum that will prevent knocking. Coincedentally, that is
Triumph's recomendation from the '99 Sprint ST service manual.

[1] With the possible exception of anti-icing additives.