Potential ST Owner with a Question!

Hi all!

Just joined the list to get some info on this great bike! I currently own a
'96 Kawasaki GPZ1100 but the ST has really caught my eye. While I'm very
happy with my GPZ, the idea of a lighter and better handling bike is
appealing.. not to mention that beautiful blue color! :-)

I'll be taking a test ride at my local dealership once it stops snowing here
in Virginia.. in the meantime I'm in information gathering mode.  My
question is.. for the $700 price listed for the 2 bag pannier set, does that
include all the mounting hardware needed to install them on the bike?  The
salesperson I talked to today mentioned that the bags are over $1K.. at
first I thought he was seriously trying to rip me off.. but then I
remembered that I didn't say if I was interested in a 2 or 3 bag system. He
may have assumed the 3 bag system.  Anyhow, if someone could let me know,
that would be great!

I'm hoping to get a fair deal offered with a minimum of hassle.. the one
thing I dread about buying any new vehicle is the negotiating..

Thanks!
Anita