Re: Newish list member with a few questions

At 10:33 PM 1/18/2000 -0700, Pen & Adam wrote:
>1) Does the pipe pivot down when you put on the panniers?  The salesman at the shop said they didn't but the pictures I've seen looks like it does.

Yes.  I don't care for the looks of it, and am a day-scooter, so I
just went with the top box, which I use occasionally.

>1) How do you pronounce Panniers? (sorry, Georgia schooling)

puh NEERS

>3) I have one estimate from a dealer, it includes a $140 "Documentation" line item.  It seems kinda bogus to me (same with the $429 freight and the $286 set-up) but before I push him on this Documentation Item I want to make sure that it is bogus (and tax, tag, and title are listed separately).

Complete BS.  My dealer charged list plus tax, tag, and title.  Period.
He would have charged me $200 setup except I used to have my Norton
wrenched there, and I bought some accessories (helmet, gloves) at his
counter prices.  I don't beat up my dealer for every nickel.  I can
afford to pay him more than I can afford to lose him.  But adding $850
to the list price is complete larceny.  List + $200 or go elsewhere.
Better yet, go elsewhere NOW: this guy's a jerk and even if you get him
to list + $200, or just plaint list, you are gonna need a reasonable
dealer, and he ain't it.  Buy the bike from the guy you will use for
service and start building a good relationship now.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx