How to steal an ST

OK, after numerous requests, I have decided to let everyone now how their
ST or any other triumph and be stolen in a mater of seconds. This way you
will be motivated to guard against it.

A quick and hard yank on the handle bars while sitting on the bike will
break
the steering lock, just like that. Next take your handy nippers, knif, or
whatever
and strip though the appropriate wires insulation, tie, press the start
button, and
your off.

So, how long would this take you to do? Now imagine if you had lots of
practice. Yep seconds, like 2 or 3.

If you have an alarm, not only will it sound, but it will totally disable
the ignition.
If you have a wheel lock of some kind, you have to remove it and that's not
always easy (cheap ones are, by freezing and beaking with a hammer).

Now if some wants your bike they have to have the equipment to pick it up
and
haul it way. I figure if they what it that bad, they can have it, and I'll
have the
insurance company buy me a new one. But most will just go on to the next
bike
thats an easier target.

John Stossel